Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Stranger Danger

holy fool, how you taunt me
sing it out like something you stepped on
leaves crumble under my feet
rustling in resistance
was it really my time?


we are men of action
lies do not become us
so go lick the edges of tinfoil
and i promise
the results will be very red

okay and so
it's clear
that my head
is as empty
as what

a flower pot
a blank slate
a swiss-cheese bucket
a carved pumpkin

and it's because my brain
is a ufo
sending out some strange silly signals

mindfuck, hello
goodbye and where are you going?
who really knows?
were you ever here?
ohhhhh sunshine
bring on another day
just like yesterday
which is just like tomorrow
or the next day
or the day after that
or the day after that...

1 comment:

Jeff Shear said...

There aren't two hands clapping, despite the applause.