Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Party of The First Part

why are you carrying around a net?
oh, i see. but you can't catch an imagination, you know.

you're art to me
a thousand shades of blue
in your voice
you're music to me
i hear the revolution
when you walk

i've got no rhythm
but i can snap and bend
and i may have no rhyme
but i can shake and sway

oh, simple bliss of eating salad
feels like having a million tons
of dried rice being poured down
all over your body while you stand
and spin

oh, to look at the sunset
sensory overload screams from the trees
and when the colors hit your eye
you stagger as if slapped in the face
with a piece of toast

oh, to be in love again
not the first time
or the last time
but oh, to be in love
the next closest thing
is to fall into a blender
with strawberries and chocolate.

4 comments:

Elise said...

I love your poems!

I've only just found your blog but I think you have a lot of talent.

The last verse hit the nail on the head, "to be in love
the next closest thing
is to fall into a blender
with strawberries and chocolate"

Fantastic! xox

LB said...

Thanks for stopping by VPTV and leaving the comment. I agree with Elise - you're good. I was going to say something patronizing, like “hope you tackle something more challenging than a love affair” but then I read the one about the Bunny mommy. Enjoying someone gnaw on their heart is one thing. Having one’s heart gnawed is another.

I’ve inserted this link to you from www.vptvlifestyles.blogspot.com
Poetry by Punk Picasso

Jessica M. said...

Very cool poem. I just found your blog. Great candid poetry

Leighla said...

*snaps for Zoe*



I LOVE YOU. YAY!