Monday, December 10, 2007

Rude Baby Rude

why so high in the sky
with a flock of birds
shattered at the hip
you sail on a broken wing
to no man's land


cause all you wanna do is
pull my hair
or break my heart
or break my bones
or make me sad
or make me mad
don't come to me
for charity
your cause is what is lacking

so fly on baby and be a star
you have the keys in the ignition
and you're begging to go far
but don't call me up and ask again
for me to watch your back
any one who knows you
knows you're a shark attack


send me out to the weather now
out to the cold and i'll limp on
with my ankles docked
and my tail broke
and my nose froze
and all not caring and bunched up
and covered with cloth

begging like a bag lady at the side of the road
for a sandwich
because that's all a hero really is
and was there ever really a cure
for writer's block?
write on!

1 comment:

Rubba Duce said...

Nice Blog. You might be interested in my addiction blog and the related discussion group.